Class is not available for registration
This item is not available for purchase at this time.Class Time: TBD
Class Length: TBD
Class Tier: Tier A
This is a class for puppies six to twelve months of age who have taken STAR Puppy or already taught their puppies the basics. Instructors will focus on sharpening skills learned in STAR and introduce new experiences and exercises.
Pre-Requisite: Puppies 2-6 months
Equipment Needed: All students should bring a flat collar, martingale, or walking harness; a 6-ft leash; many soft, easy to chew, and swallow treats; and a mat, towel, or pad for your puppy.
All handlers should bring their puppies and equipment to the first night of class.
Class Tier System
Our goal is for dog and handler teams to progress through a structured curriculum of classes that are grouped in levels of ability. Before students may progress from Tier A to Tier B, we strongly recommend teams pass all Tier A level classes. For Tier B through Tier D, progression depends on student ability.
* STAR Puppy
* Tier A classes (beginner): Canine Good Citizen (CGC), Focus and Impulse Control (FIC), and Obedience I (Ob I).
* Tier B classes (novice to intermediate): Tricks Novice/Intermediate, Agility Foundations, and Obedience II.
* Tier C classes (intermediate): Agility I and Rally I.
* Tier D classes (advanced): Agility II, Rally II, and Show N Go.
* Specialty classes (conditional).
We adapted the AKC STAR Puppy and CGC classes to fit our club needs. We offer AKC testing for these two classes at the end of every session. We suggest that teams first progress from STAR to CGC, which follows the AKC program design. Tier A level teams may then take FIC and Ob I to finish off Tier A class progression. Please talk with instructors or the Director of Training if you have questions about class progression or availability.